Legal Question in Family Law in California

My wife took restraining orders no police involved or harm and I was in pro per judge did not listen me an my witnesses that my wife try to meet me while temp restraining in place judge stilled gave 1 year restraining order and my wife stilled bringing my daughter personally canhow can I ask court to void restraining order

Asked on 9/18/10, 2:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Chau Law Offices James Chau

You have an opportunity to ask for a reconsideration of the restraining order immediately after the order was made. If that time has passed, you should determine through lawful methods that do not violate the restraining order whether the wife will agree to dropping the restraining order. If she will then you can file a motion to have the restraining order modified to dropping it.

or self represented individuals you can consult with the family law facilitator self help center at your local court house.

As always please consult a local attorney prior to taking legal action. Good luck. Also please check out my Santa Clara County Family Lawyer blog.

Law Offices James Chau

1625 The Alameda Suite 204

San Jose, CA. 95126

Read more
Answered on 9/26/10, 4:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California