Legal Question in Family Law in California

My wife and I separated in April. On Sept.2 she dropped our son off with me saying she could not take care of him anymore. Since then she has seen him 2 times and called him 5 times. She has moved out of county/state and has left no way for us to reach her. About an hour ago she called and said she was in town visiting her mom and wants to take our son for his winter break. I fear she will leave with him and not return. Is there anything I can do to stop her?

Asked on 12/18/11, 12:27 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Please file your divorce petition and an ex parte emergency motion requesting custody with reasonable visitation to mom. You should also request that the child's residence not be changed from your county and California.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/11, 8:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California