Legal Question in Family Law in California

I work for a job call IHSS where I take care of my little brother diagnosed with severe autism in our home but the thing is my mom wants to replace me, kick me out of the house, and take care of him cause the job shes currently working for the past 28 years I believe is closing down. What I'm trying to get at is that my mom has absolutely no idea how to take care of my little brother, shes rarely stay home and always goes out longer then 6 - 12 hours and never buys food or clothing for him cause she takes all my money and spends it on whatever I don't know I did agree and told her I help pay for the house rent/food/clothes but I did not agree to other stuff besides the other 3 I mentioned.

My question is can she take over my job and kick me out of the house?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just need legal advice and I have no one else to turn to thank you very much for reading this.

Asked on 2/24/16, 12:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Your Mother can remove you from the home. She will not automatically replace you in caring for your younger brother. She will have to apply for the job. Depending on the situation with your brother you may be able to take him with you when you leave the home. leaving you brother alone for hours may constitute abuse of a minor or a dependent adult.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/16, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California