Legal Question in Family Law in California

Im worried about my baby niece shes at the tender age of 1. Her mother is currently in a dometic violence relationship with sadly my brother. He has a long history with the law . he is mentally unstable. He uses drugs .. Meth weed and hes an alcholic. He has admitted that sometimes he feels like slamming my niece against the floor. He is not embarrassed to humiliate his gf or abuse her in public as she has told me all the times in thr past and now that shes abused her. When she was 5 months pregnant he punched her in stomach causing her to have a miscarriage. She has slapped my baby niece out of frustration. I believe that she has an active restraining order against him but she says she loves him and refuses to leave him. But my concern isnt her its my baby niece. I know that the law says that unless my niece is soaked in her own blood i can't do much. But id hate myself if i didnt try

Asked on 2/10/16, 10:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Call CPS or the police and report this situation. Your name should remain confidential.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/16, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California