Legal Question in Family Law in California

soon to be x husband lagging on paper wk

It's been 6 months and one week, and our divorce was supposed to be finalized on Dec 31,2005. I called his lawyer to verify if the divorce was finalized. I was informed that my x did not complete all of the paper work. I think my x is prolonging the paper work. What can I do to make him finish his paper work, so that our divorce can be finalized?? PlEASE HELP, how long can this go on, if he does not finish his paper work?

Asked on 1/09/06, 1:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: soon to be x husband lagging on paper wk

Send a letter to your husband's attorney stating that the delay has been to long and you will be requesting that your husband pay your attorney fees to file a response and proceed to obtain a dissolution of marriage. This may well get the attention of both your husband and his attorney. If that doesn't get a result then retain an attorney and file a response to force the matter to trial.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/06, 11:28 pm

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: soon to be x husband lagging on paper wk

We would need some additional facts to help you here. For a free phone consultation, contact us directly today.

Read more
Answered on 1/09/06, 5:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California