Legal Question in Medical Leave in California

how do i get a divorce if i dont have the $450 to pay for it?

Asked on 8/25/11, 10:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Chau Law Offices James Chau

If you are below a certain income you can have your filing fees waived by applying for whats called a fee waiver. You qualify if you are on any state income based aid, like welfare or food stamps generally. If you do not qualify under those areas then you would need to attend a hearing and speak with the judge regarding your finances to see if you qualify for the waiver.

For self represented individuals you can consult with the family law facilitator self help center at your local court house.

As always please consult a local attorney prior to taking legal action. Good luck. Also please check out my Santa Clara County Family Lawyer blog.

Law Offices James Chau

1625 The Alameda Suite 204

San Jose, CA. 95126

Read more
Answered on 8/27/11, 11:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in California