Legal Question in Medical Leave in California

What if I don't serve the ex parte the restraining order papers?

Asked on 4/20/11, 10:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

The party who filed for the hearing is the "ex parte" party, not the party to be served. If you have not served the other side, in general you lose your motion as it is improper not to give the other side notice. Why would you not serve them, except to take advantage of the situation, which is not looked upon favorably by the court.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/11, 5:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in California