Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in California

For the past 12 or 15 years I have been harassed by a person that I don't even have work relations with. We were once high school BFF but even then I tried to go my separate way from them and they still wouldn’t leave me alone. I have continuously talked about their attitude with them in hope they would stop and or just leave me alone but they never do. They have a way of getting sympathy from me and others and being manipulative about how they are and it has been very hard and stressful for me to deal with. They have made threats to me saying that they could destroy me if they wanted to and I better watch my back. They have put me in very stressful situations where I am being accused of things I am not doing and causing drama and fights between me and others. What should I do?

Asked on 8/06/14, 4:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

For starters, grow up and take charge of your own life. Stop letting others run it.

Go file a police report of illegal phone threats and seek arrest of the culprits, and a criminal restringing order.

Go to the local Superior Court and seek a civil restraining order against each of them doing such things.

Stop taking their calls and block their messages/

Get on with your life.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/14, 10:19 am
Paymon Bidari Bidari Civil Defense

You can either contact the police or file a Restraining Order. Sometimes it helps when your opponent (who seemingly is a bully) realizes you are represented by an attorney.

My office focuses on defending those whose rights are violated and in dealing with harassment issues. I was formerly cross deputized as a deputy district attorney and as a result would not tolerate such behavior in a civil society.

Should you need my assistance, please call me at 714.525.5570.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/14, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in California