Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Does a first amended complaint have to be personally served in CA?

Asked on 5/31/12, 12:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Roy Hoffman Law Offices of Roy A. Hoffman

If the person or entity upon whom you are serving the first amended complaint has not yet filed a response to the original complaint, yes.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/12, 12:49 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Not necessarily. If the defendant has appeared in the action, such as by filing a demurrer, then you can have them served by mail at the address on their pleadings. If they have not appeared, you are going to have to have them personally served.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/12, 8:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California