Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Bad check causes of action?

A considerably large bad check written to me has bounced.

I have exhausted all efforts to collect, so please do not advise settlement or the D.A.'s office.

My precise question is what causes of action, besides one for breach of Civil Code section 1719 should be plead on a bad check complaint?


Asked on 4/27/07, 2:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Harrison Berger Harrison, APC

Re: Bad check causes of action?

Don't know you need another cause of action. If you want one, however, it will depend on why the money was owed to you. Breach of contract? Money had and received? Money owed? You might be able to just allege common counts.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/07, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California