Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

In California, the State Department of Education does not enforce ed code violations by a private school, it is a civil matter. Ed code requires attendance records be kept by private school administrators and made available to parents of students and requesting school districts. The head master, aka owner, aka, principal, aka teacher will not produce the necessary records for the parent or district and has made several false statements to several individuals concerning the disposition of said records, and has claimed to be accredited, but is not. Is there any action available to the parent to get compliance from the private school administrator?

Asked on 5/10/13, 12:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Sure, go to court.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 1:00 pm

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

I agree, you can sue

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 7:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California