Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

cancelling a vacation

I cancelled my portion of a vacation I was going to take with a friend. The room had a double occupancy rate. She now wants me to pay for the upgrade from double to single occupany or her cancellation fee. We didn't sign any form of agreement. I believe my only contract is between me and the hotel and I don't owe her anything

Asked on 4/05/09, 9:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Telanoff Telanoff & Telanoff

Re: cancelling a vacation

My opinion is that you had an agreement with her to take a vacation. You have breached that agreement, which will cause her to incur monetary damages. These monetary damages are either the increased cost of the hotel room or her cancellation fee.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/09, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California