Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Had a checking account a friend opened up to get my direct deposit. I had about 15k in the account but felt like I was being ignored when I tried to get my money. He asked about a 5k loan short term high return. I told him I would think about it. Two weeks later I needed more of my money and because of being ignored I said take 5k out and give me the rest. A dispute came about and I asked for my money back. He said the deal was a deal and I said we have not agreed on terms he thought different. He then weeks later came with a promissory note for 5k at 10% to be paid when his property sells. He has been trying to sell the property for a year and a half. I expected a three month term high rate neither of which he came through with. What are my options now.

Asked on 8/09/13, 9:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila

Sue him. If you win, you can put a lien on any real property he owns. When he sells it, the liens need to be paid before he gets any money from the sale. You can also garnish his wages and/or levy his bank account.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 8:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California