Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

civil lawsuit

how do i go about filing a civil suit against someone who has defaced my property

Asked on 1/07/07, 9:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

Re: civil lawsuit

Get a written estimate from a reputable firm for the cleanup, pay for and file a small claims action, and have the sheriff serve the claim on the defendant (assuming you know who did it). The court will set a trial date when both of you will tell your story and a judgment will be rendered. Then you have to try to collect on the judgment.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/07, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California