Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I am an elder home owner. I had a tenant stop paying April my paralegal filed restraining order due to child bullying etc and 15day notice. She said 1250 for everything 350 restraint rest unlawful detainer which he left court date for restraint. I asked her if I’d get unlawful partial back she stopped talking to me. Do I have small claims?

Asked on 9/05/21, 4:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

If she did not complete the work you paid for, you could go to small claims for a refund. Unless she works for an attorney, you should also probably report her to the State Bar of California for unauthorized practice of law.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/21, 10:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California