Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I enrolled in a Private Post secondary School Program that would have lasted from Jan 2016 to March of 2017. The tuition for the program is a little over $20,000. I racked up roughly $12,000 in loans and grants. By May 2016, I realized the school and program was not for me and I withdrew myself from their program on June 15,2016, by going up to the school and speaking with the Schools Director about my desire to withdraw from the program. He informed to send an email requesting to be withdrawn from the program, which i did, and he also stated that since I only completed 1 out of the 6 courses, I would only be billed for the time I was there and it would be no more than $2500-$3500 (approx). It has almost been two months since then and I have not received or been requested to sign anything that states I have been officially removed from the program. Ive sent emails with no response. Ive made phone calls, but their response is that their Financial Director was out. I called today and the response was "call back tomorrow and we will have a 'more' definite answer. My question is, with all the students loans I received (or the school rather) Can I sue the school for receiving more money than what was required? Meaning if they say my bill is $2000 but they received a loan on my behalf for $4000 can i legally sue them for them for the remaining $2000 plus grants i received?

Asked on 8/04/16, 5:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Spirtos Law Offices of Nicholas B. Spirtos

This question could not be answered without looking at your enrollment agreement and loan documents. Go see a local attorney and let him or her review everything.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/16, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California