Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

can you file a witness tampering claim in superior (county) court or does this have to be filed in federal court?

Asked on 9/26/11, 7:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Charges would be filed in the same court in which the case was pending in which the witness tampering occurred. However, witness tampering is a crime. The District Attorney or United States Attorney must file charges, not you.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/11, 9:18 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. McCormick. Witness tampering is a crime, not a civil cause of action.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/11, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California