Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

What form and procedure I should complete in order to evict my tenant who committed fraud during the rental process by giving me fake paychecks as proof of employment and having a stable income?

Asked on 4/27/13, 12:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

If the tenant is unable to pay the rent on time, serve a three-day notice and then an unlawful detainer eviction.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/13, 3:43 pm

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

There is nothing about the tenant's conduct that causes a change in the typical eviction proceeding. If you have grounds for a three-day notice, then proceed that way. Otherwise, terminate the lease pursuant to the lease's terms (usually a thirty-day notice), and proceed with an unlawful detainer action if the tenant does not move.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 5:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California