Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

If the insurance company obtains "outside council" to represent the insured, should the lawyer be providing a disclosure or representation agreement to the insured?

Asked on 2/07/19, 3:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

While it is generally considered "best practices" to have a services agreement with a client when you are hired by their insurance carrier to represent them, there is nothing that requires it. Written agreements are only required by law and the State Bar rules when the client is paying the attorneys' fees.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/19, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California