Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

What kinds of disputes can I take to small claims court? what are some examples of types of claims that a person might want to take to a small claims court?

Asked on 2/08/12, 8:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Read more
Answered on 2/08/12, 8:11 pm

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

You can sue only for money damages, not injunctive relief, eviction, etc. There is a $7,500 limit on the recovery; normally not much is awarded for pain and suffering damages and attorneys can not appear.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/12, 8:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California