Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

My ex made an illegal audio recording of me ( unconsented and i was not aware). How can I get some court order that he has to hand it over or isnt allowed to share it with others? Which court?

Asked on 12/19/15, 9:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

The recording of a confidential communication without all parties' consent is a violation of the Penal Code Section 632. The statute gives you a right to sue for damages, but does not specifically allow for an order that the recording be turned over. The recording is also not allowed as evidence in any proceeding. The matter can be heard in either small claims or superior court.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/15, 2:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California