Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

If someone had their middle finger very close to my face and I had very little room to pass by to create more space between us, can I legally move their hand away from my face in a nonviolent manner.

Asked on 11/06/13, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Saltzman, MBA, JD Law Offices of Mark E. Saltzman

If someone is detaining you, against your will and without legal authority, you may use reasonable force to free yourself.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/13, 1:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California