Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Please help i mistakenly signed a stipulation in a ud case i have documents to prove my case and believe that i could have won in a jury trial, i was railroaded and pressured by the plaintiffs attorney so i signed can i file a motion to set aside

Asked on 9/03/14, 5:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You don't just "mistakenly" sign a stipulation. It does not matter if you could win or not, you settled were not railroaded, you had every opportunity to reject it... I suppose this is what happens in a self represented situation but since self represented parties are held to same standard as if they had attorneys. To void out a sure you can always try and set it aside but it would be because of fraud, illegality, duress, mistake, undue influence. This will be an uphill battle and can't just be because you have buyers remorse,.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/14, 2:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California