Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I ordered a supplement online. I only paid S&H. As stated in the Terms & Conditions, if you do not cancel within 14 days or ordering the product, you will be enrolled in a membership and charged $149.95 plus $12.95 a month and monthly supplies will be mailed to you. I cancelled in 8 days. However I was still charged the membership fee of $149.95. I called and requested a refund and was told that my membership has been cancelled but I need to email the refund department to request a refund. I emailed for a refund but my refund was denied. They stated that my acount remained open longer than the time allowed as noted in the T&C. I replied that I cancelled in 8 days and want a refund. I was denied a 2nd time. I replied again and am now await a 3rd response. I can't get a live person to talk about my refund. If denied again, how do I get my money back. Who do I complain to, or do I sue? What do I do?

Asked on 2/25/10, 8:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

I'm guessing you were charged on a credit card. File a complaint with the credit card company within 60 days of the statement date on which the charges appeared. They will reverse the charges and investigate. Only if the merchant can prove you were wrong will the charges be reinstated.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/10, 8:21 pm
Bryan C. Becker Your Lawyer for Life.

In addition to disputing the charge with your credit card company, I am curious to hear more about your experience. We often handle consumer issues such as these. Feel free to contact me.



Bryan Becker

Becker Attorneys

[email protected]


Our Free Guide: Top Ten Mistakes California Small Business Owners Make

Read more
Answered on 3/03/10, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California