Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Personal property

A friend of my father has left some machinery at his house, he says to allow my dad to use, but now we want him to remove the property. He has refused repeated attemts to take his property. What course of action can we take now? Can we donate or sell the machinery? Do we need to inform him with a certified letter of our intentions? Thank you.

Asked on 12/02/08, 11:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nasir Butt Nasir Law Associates

Re: Personal property

Reply of Mr. Phillip Lemmons, Esq. is quite right.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/08, 12:38 am
Phillip Lemmons, Esq. Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law

Re: Personal property

If it's abandoned property, give him notice to pick it up within a reasonable time. If he fails to show up and communicate with you. Then you might want to consider selling the property and sending him the money.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/08, 3:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California