Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I have a rental property( Townhome)

The next door occupant is the Hoa

Collector for the small complex(4 units) She has bad mouth me to all three of my tenants . The 1st tenants left because of her demanding they stop using the washing machine, and watering the lawn. Constantly calling me about

What they are up to.. Ect. They moved. I have in writing why they moved. 2nd tenant the same, but telling them I don't own the unit anymore (that she wanted to buy it, I did) they complain about her in writing, then finally stop paying rent.

My third tenants just text me they are moving, because she is bad mouthing me and will not leave them alone. Constant harassment

About the use of water, propane ect. Also bad mouth me to a local

Business man about my late history

For Hoa and my personnel life( he wanted cash up front to do business, (never before). Do I have any recourse against her or Hoa ?

The 2 nd tenant cost thousand in lost rent and eviction.

Asked on 8/03/13, 1:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

First I would send a letter to her and to the HOA ( i may send it to all tenants in the building as well as a copy) telling her to cease and desist. I would threaten to and If she continues, I would sue her and the HOA for defamation, interference with a business contract,... Among other things. ...

Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 5:25 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I would also send a cease and desist letter and have it done by an attorney. You should also make a claim for damages at the same time.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 10:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California