Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Smog upon transfer

As the buyer of said motorhome, we told the seller we would pay for smog ''cert''. Did not pass smog and we had to put $481.25 in repairs to get it to pass. Seller refuses to pay because we had agreeded that buyer would. He is now claiming he will buy the unit back at $4000 less than we paid. This is because on the bill of sale all parties put selling price of $1000 to save fees. We acually paid $5000 for the motor home. Do I have any recourse in collecting the repair fees of $481.25 to get it pass smog?

Asked on 4/08/09, 4:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: Smog upon transfer

If you're willing to dishonor your word and agreement, you could file in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/09, 6:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California