Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Hello I want to sue my exboyfriend, but he doesn't have any money. His parent however have a business. Can I sue that business or his parents?

Asked on 6/03/13, 6:38 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Only if they are legally liable for something they did that gives you grounds to sue them.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 6:46 pm

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You can't sue them because they have money and related. As MR Nelson so aptly points out they must be liable. Having a deadbeat son is not a cause of action.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 7:09 pm
Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You can only sue them for their own actions. Unless their son is still a minor, they are not liable for his actions.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 8:40 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

One can only be sued if there is some liability on their part.Unless the parents are in some way liable for some actions taken on their part they are not responsible unless their son was a minor at the time he caused the damages to you. The it may be possible to hold them responsible.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 8:55 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Not unless they are vicariously liable for something he did.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 9:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California