Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am 18 years old and my girlfriend and I want to get married but at the age of 21 I need to fix my mother papers can I do these process and still be married

Asked on 4/03/17, 9:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you are the Petitioner, it doesn't matter if you're married or single.

However, if your mother entered unlawfully, & isn't grandfathered under INA 245i, she can't get her greencard in the U.S. (i.e., adjust status).

Please have a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney, and not a "notario", when the time comes.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/17, 7:58 am
Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

There is no conflict between your marriage and your petition to your mother. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your options.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/17, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California