Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Hi Im an American my husband is Australian we have been married for 3 years and since we got married we have not lived in the US. But now I want him to have his green card so we can come and live in the states maybe in the future to care for my Mom. And not have to worry about getting all of it done when an emergency happens. We want to do the process outside the US in our near USCIS office. My question is since i havnt worked in the states for 3 years i cant sponsor him. My mom still works full time and owns a home and earns 25,000 a year in household income of one. Does she qualify to sponsor my husband?

Asked on 3/25/15, 9:17 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law

You should have your mom contact a local immigration attorney like me to discuss but it may be enough income

Read more
Answered on 3/25/15, 9:28 am
Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

It is likely that she'll be able to sponsor him financially but a tad more info is needed. The determination on whether financial sponsorship is sufficient is made by applying your mom's finances and the number of people in her household against the I-864P. Feel free to reach out to us to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/15, 12:06 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Hello - please call me at 2129688600. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 3/25/15, 3:41 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

The issue is not necessarily the co-sponsor, but the fact that you CANNOT petition your husband for a greencard until you re-establish domicile in the United States.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/15, 4:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California