Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I applied and paid for the student visa on 2007 until 2008. From 2009 until now, I didn't pay for the student visa. Before 2012 on June 15, I must be undocumented to apply for the deferred action. Am I still eligible for the deferred action?

Asked on 5/23/13, 5:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I'm not sure what you mean by "didn't pay for the student visa" from 2009 until the present.

If you are in school or on OPT, then you are in legal F-1 status. If you dropped out of school or your OPT terminated, & it is beyond the 60 day grace period, then you are out of status.

Deferred Action is only for those individuals who entered at age 15 or younger and meet other criteria. You can review the requirements on the USCIS website (; search for "DACA" or "Deferred Action").

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California