Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am a US citizen and my wife is a foreigner who has a working permit in the US. We've not yet apply for her green card yet since we got married but just recently we found out she got laid off her work by 08May2013 which is less than 2 months of time. What's the best way to expedite the green card visa application process so she won't get into trouble and be able to stay in the US?

Asked on 3/12/13, 5:28 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

The best way is to file the petition as soon as possible. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/13, 5:31 pm

Mercy Sequeira Law Office of Mercy Sequeira

You can file the relative petition and adjustment of status immediately without her leaving the country. My offices can help you with this process. You can reach me by email, [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/12/13, 5:31 pm
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

You'll want to file for your wife's adjustment of status.

The process takes approximately 6 months.

You may find detailed information on the process here:

My legal fee is a flat rate of $950.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/13, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California