Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Need clarification.

My spouse was arrested for Domestic Violence. We have been separated for 1 month now, my spouses's adjustment of status deadline is this week. What do I do?

-Can he file it by himself (divorce not filed yet)

-Should I file it with him

-When we reconcile...can he be denied based on criminal record?

Please help.

Asked on 11/01/04, 10:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Amy Ghosh Law Offices of Amy Ghosh

Re: Need clarification.

This is a crime of violence and your husbane will have problem adjusting. His criminal case must be dealt with properly...if there is no criminal case he ahould be fine. He will need your help to get adjusted. You can e-mail me directly with more details.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/04, 10:29 am

Gabriel Jack Muston & Jack P.C.

Re: Need clarification.

was he arrested for domestic violence towards you?

Read more
Answered on 11/02/04, 12:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California