Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Dear Sir,

I'm a US citizen but haven't been to US since I was 11. I don't have an SSN but i have my American passport. Currently, I have 2 children ( 2 and 5 years) and I wish to travel back to US. Can I issue an American passport for them?? or how can I register them as American citizens??

Asked on 1/15/14, 9:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bill Klein Law Office of Bill Travis Klein

You will probably need to get a SSN and you may have U.S. Tax Issues. You should go to the U.S. Embassy in your area and talk to them or call them. Whether your children are U.S. Citizens depends on other details in your situation and your relationship with them. If they are U.S. Citizens you will have to do the paper work to get them passports. If they are not U.S. Citizens you will have to file a petition for them so they can apply for green cards. Talk with an Immigration Attorney on the details of your case for help with this

Read more
Answered on 1/15/14, 9:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California