Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

My fiancée is in the united states illegally from the country of the phillippines. She is living with me. How does it effect the immigration chances. We also plan on getting married immediately.

Asked on 6/24/13, 2:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

It depends upon how she entered the U.S. If she entered legally with a visa and merely overstayed the duration of her visa, then you should be able to marry her and apply for her adjustment of status. This is assuming she did not enter on a K-1 visa through sponsorship by a different U.S. citizen fiancee.

You may find more information on the adjustment of status process here as well as my services:

Please feel free to contact me should you have any other questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 4:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California