Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

My fiance and I will be married on May 27, 2011 in Peru. What is the process of bringing him here to the U.S. California.

Asked on 2/20/11, 7:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


After marriage you will sponsor your husband through the filing of an immigrant petition with the USCIS. It typically takes several months for approval by the USCIS before your spouse is notified by the National Visa Center for consular processing resulting in issuance of an immigrant visa.

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/11, 8:10 am
Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

If you reside permanently in USA and only visit Peru for a wedding, after marriage you alone will have to go back to the USA and file the I-130 with the DHS/USCIS, petition to bring your husband to the USA and grant him permanent residency.

If your husband is not inadmissible to the USA and you can quickly clear immigration, NVC and the embassy, it can take from 7 months to a year for him to come to the USA as a new immigrant.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesnít create an attorney-client relationship. If you want to schedule legal consultation, or need legal advice and help, or help with reviewing the documents and paperwork that you prepared yourself - you can EMAIL me at [email protected] and Iíll send you a confidential Questionnaire and instructions. Or complete an Info Form with a consultation request at . For more information please visit

Read more
Answered on 2/20/11, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California