Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am filing I-130 and I-485 for parents, but they both don't have a birth certificate.

What is an alternative acceptable form that I can provide if I don't have a birth certificate?

Mom and dad currently in Mumbai, India and they were born in India and Pakistan respectively.

Asked on 10/08/13, 3:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Please refer to the I-130 instructions at page 4 for how to address the unavailability of a document, such as a birth certificate.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California