Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I'm a GreenCard holder, living in California for 3 years & 3 months now. My fiance has a B1-B2 Visa, & he intends to come and visit me soon. What should I do to keep him here with me without going back? I need the Best solutions! Can we get married here? & Can I file for him later? Or What other options do we have? Please Advise. Thanks in Advance.

Asked on 8/27/12, 2:13 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

You need to determine how long it will be before you can file for US citizenship, and if he will qualify for either a student or work visa during the time gap.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/12, 2:16 pm

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law

You could get married and file the spouse petition only. However, he will not be eligible for green card until thee priority dates are current. He could get work visa or student visa. Please call our office to discuss the various options at 619-922-5287 or 619-501-1616.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/12, 3:20 pm
Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Your fiance should not come here on a visitor visa with the intent of getting married to you. He could be charged with having preconceived intent and have problems obtaining lawful permanent status. If you are eligible, you should become a U.S. Citizen. Once you are a U.S. Citizen, you can apply for your fiance to come in on a fiance visa, or get married and then have him come here on an immigrant visa. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 8/27/12, 4:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California