Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

hello i just got married recently, but my wife has a tourist or visitors visa if i apply for her i-130 does she need to return back to her country or can she stay here until the process is complete

Asked on 7/29/10, 5:19 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation

If this is done properly, and there are no other grounds of inadmissibility, the entire adjustment can be done in the U.S. without her having to leave the U.S.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/10, 6:00 am
Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.

All sponsorship paperwork can be filed concurrently, including adjustment of status application along with I-130 so that your wife does not need to depart the U.S. Please call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email for additional guidance.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/10, 6:20 am
Taraneh Khorrami Law Offices of Taraneh Khorrami, APLC

You can now petition for your wife and, since she entered the country legally, she can submit her application for adjustment of status concurrently. Your wife can stay in the country until the process is complete.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/10, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California