Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Hi there I got married today 1/14/14 to a us citizen and I well like to become a citizen as well I entered the usa without a viza I have heard that I can't is this true I am from Mexico I have been here 13 years

Asked on 1/14/14, 3:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Bill Klein Law Office of Bill Travis Klein

If you entered the U.S. illegally your green card application will be denied if you apply and you would likely get a notice to go to court to be removed from the U.S. There may be other options available depending on the details of your immigration situation. Talk with an Immigration Attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/14, 3:10 pm
Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

You can't adjust your status in the US if you entered without a visa or are not protected under 245 (i). You need an approved waiver I-601A to get your green card.

We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/14, 3:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California