Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

My mom got her US citizenship

I am originally from India working in CA past 6 years with approved I-140.

On EB3 with PD 2009

Single above 21

Can my mom file for adjustment of status?

Which would be the fastest route to get EAD,GC

what will happen if i get married after a year or two?

Asked on 4/03/13, 7:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law

Please call us at 619-501-1616 to discuss in detail. Phone consultation is free.


Ramia, paralegal

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 7:56 pm

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you are over 21, you are no longer an "immediate relative", so your mother cannot get you your greencard any time soon. She can, however, file an I-130 petition for you, but there is still a backlog (wait) to be able to adjust, as there is with your EB3 case.

Make sure you stay in valid H-1B visa status or you will not be able to adjust once your priority date becomes current!

If you marry a U.S. citizen, you could probably have your greencard in less than one year from the date of filing the forms.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California