Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

A person has a temporary tourist visa in the US and wants to apply for refugee status in Canada. Is the safe third country agreement in effect in the canadian airport if that person has a plane ticket from the US to another country via Canada in transit?

Asked on 8/10/09, 8:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alice Yardum-Hunter Alice M. Yardum-Hunter, a Law Corp.

This is a question of Canadian immigration law. I would be happy to refer you to counsel in Canada for this if you contact me offline at [email protected] and reference "[IMMIGRATION]".

Alice M. Yardum-Hunter, Attorney at Law, Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law, State Bar of CA, Bd. of Legal Specialization

A “Super Lawyer” 2004 – 2009, Los Angeles Magazine

Read more
Answered on 8/11/09, 12:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California