Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

Driver of a car opened the door of his car into my truck as i was driving past his car and damaged my truck it was his fault and admitted so but ihave no ins at this time on that truck we traded info but he only took my name phone & address only. should i try to get my truck fixed by his ins or am i asking for trouble

Asked on 5/23/11, 5:33 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Since you don't have insurance, you will have to take him to small claims court (his insurance won't pay you voluntarily). You must report the accident to DMV on form SR-1 and then your license will be suspended for being in an accident without insurance.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/11, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California