Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

a friend is involved in an auto accident / the policy is under the Fathers name for a business but the son is the drivir of the Car ? is Farmers Insurance liable for the accident claim ?

Asked on 12/26/11, 3:34 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Fleetwood Mister DUI-800-468-2-502

The insurer is NEVER liable in california. we are not a "direct action" state. Does Farmers have to pay the claim based on the liability of the son? Depends; a lawyer needs to review the insurance contract. There is no quick yes or no answer.

Read more
Answered on 1/01/12, 10:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California