Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I lost my business Feb 16 2009 in a fire,my agent in oct 2008 came to my office we reviewed my policy.I didn't have general liability due to his error so he said he would add it to policy, next I was underinsured on my content or BPP I increased it from $116,000.00 to $250,000.00 said he would increase it, lastly I told him to add Loss Of Income coverage to my policy. We went over these points and he wrote these notes down in his notebook We were friends and trusted him and had faith these would be added he said no problem, well after the fire went to his office to review policy, only thing that was added was content $250,000.00 but not loss of income or general liability he said we didn't discuss these items AM I screwed or can i sue his E&O thankyou Robert

Asked on 10/24/09, 3:45 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

3 Answers from Attorneys

Steven Murray Steven W. Murray, APC

Yes. See a lawyer who knows something about insurance law right away. You might also be able to hold the insurer liabie.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/09, 3:54 pm

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

While you explained fairly well the ommissions of your agent/broker, you did not mention whether or not the carrier took action against you. Were benefits denied or lost as a result? If so, more details are needed to ascertain whether or not there is actionable conduct. Also, when you made the policy changes did you not inspect the new revisions to see if you were being issued the proper policy? If not, why not?

If you need a consultation feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/09, 10:25 pm

You may have a bad faith action. Your friend is denying the conversation? Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/09, 2:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California