Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I recently got in an auto accident while driving my dad's car. My dad never told me his car was uninsured, or else I wouldn't have driven it. The damage to both cars was minimal, only a broken tail light and dented bumper to the car I rear ended. I tried to tell the guy that I would pay for the damage outside of the insurance company, but he denied.His insurance company found me at fault, and is now going after me for over $7,000. What should I do?

Asked on 9/20/13, 9:51 am

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You need to hire an attorney to work this out for you. You also have to be concerned that he may have a bodily injury claim. If you would like to speak to me about this feel free to call.

818 345-0123

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 10:17 am

Steven Murray Steven W. Murray, APC

Do you have your own insurance on your own car? If so make a claim with that company.

If not, you and your father have a problem and you should seek counsel from a lawyer familiar with insurance matters. Why is there no insurance on the car? This question needs to be answered by someone who knows what they are doing. If it is simply nonpayment of premium, there might be technical reasons why a cancellation was not effective. Perhaps your family has other vehicles and they are insured, etc. Get the answers to the questions you haven't asked. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California