Legal Question in Intellectual Property in California

I have an idea for a new technology that I want to protect. Said tech has a physical component, a digital component, as well as a product philosophy. I am unsure how 5o move forward, since it can touch both copyright and patent. How should I move forward?

Asked on 8/01/16, 10:24 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Patrick Tracy Patrick J. Tracy, Esq, P.E.,

There are a number of potential inventions here, depending on the matters you may have a number of ways to go. My advice to you is seek competent counsel of a registered patent attorney to assist you in this matter. You can find people in your area by going to the and searching the attorney register.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 8/01/16, 10:30 am
Keith E. Cooper Keith E. Cooper, Esq.

Contact an intellectual property attorney, most of whom handle both copyright and patent matters. Most counties have an attorney referral service associated with their local county bar association. You can find it by doing an internet search for your county bar association.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/16, 4:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in California