Legal Question in Intellectual Property in California

Hi . I had signed a lease for a Honda car on June 11, 2015 under my name for a friend . She has been making payments of the car and for insurance too . But now , payments are being made late and affecting my credit score . I cannot afford that . I want to remove my name and have it under her name now . How do I do that ?

Asked on 4/30/17, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Put yourself in the position of the lessor. Would you want to substitute a poor payer for someone with deep pockets? I doubt that they will have any interest in modifying the lease to remove you as the lessee. One option might be to exercise the purchase option, if there is one, and become the owner yourself, and have your friend pay you ........ that would at least eliminate the credit reporting. Also, if it's a two-year lease, it'll expire in a few weeks.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/17, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in California