Legal Question in International Law in California

How can one know the status of an "amparo" from Jalisco mexico. Can the involved party view information online from the US? If so, what web address can help with this or with obtaining information that has to do with their case without traveling to Mexico. Can one work on cases in the US that involve matters from Mexico such as reclaiming their property?

Asked on 2/17/11, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Antonio Maldonado Maldonado Myers LLP

Anyone with internet access, knoweldge of the party's names and the location of the Mexican federal court with which a Mexican "amparo" proceeding was filed can find the status of such proceeding through the website operated by the Mexican federal court system at the following address:

No one can file claims or lawsuits in the US that involve real estate in Mexico. Such claims can only be filed in the courts in Mexico that have jurisdiction over the municipality in which the real estate is located.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/11, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in California