Legal Question in Investment Law in California

I have an old convertible debenture bond from The United Properties of California, and am trying to find out if it is worth anything still. I located the business entity in california. corporation #C3050971 and it listed Veneet Khanna 1739 Millpark ln Simi Valley as the process agent. I dont know how to proceed from here. How do I contact this person, or what is the process for inquiring about this bond. I would very much appreciate any help I can get. I dont have the funds to pay someone to do this for me. Thanks again

Asked on 1/06/13, 5:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Veneet Khanna was the registered agent of United California Properties, not The United Properties of California, and United California Properties is listed as "dissolved." Therefore, I would doubt that Mr. Khanna is the right person, or if he ever was, that he has any current authority or responsibility.

Please note that the terms "United," "California," and "Properties" have appeared in varying contexts and sequences in the names of about 40 different California corporations over the years. I'd guess that the former corporation once upon a time represented by Mr. Khanna is NOT the one you're looking for, based on the fairly substantial difference between the name as you give it, and the name of the former corporation for which he was registered agent.

However, I could be wrong. No harm in trying to contact him. Use his address to write him, and also use various other search methods such as the Internet.

Finally, you can contact the California Secretary of State to see if they have any information on a business (maybe not a corporation) named "The United Properties of California" as stated on the bond. Also, there are some businesses that specialize in locating the issuers of "obsolete" securities. Maybe ask a stockbroker in your area.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/13, 8:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in California